Good morning/afternoon. My name is Paul Dukas. I have
lived my whole life in Paris, France. I started teaching myself
piano at a very early age, but I didn’t get serious until I was
14. Because of my hard work, a few years later I was able to
attend the Paris Conservatory. At the Conservatory, I
learned piano and composition—I also became best friends
with another famous composer, Claude Debussy. There are
just a few compositions that I am known for because I am a
perfectionist and one night I became dissatisfied with most of
my music and threw it in the trash! One of the last works I
wrote was for a ballet, La Péri (1912). It is about a man
trying to find eternal life; Péri is the fairy that holds the flower
of immortality.
The music starts quietly—BUT there’s a problem and now this
is where I need your help. When the audience comes to the
theater, they are very loud: hugging, talking, and laughing.
They don’t even notice that the concert has begun. HELP!!!
What can I do to let the audience know it’s time to be
quiet—the concert is ready to begin? \
VOCAB WORDS
FANFARE-
- A short piece played by brass instruments usually played for the purpose of gaining audience attention
No comments:
Post a Comment